The Chocolate Date: Chocolate Biscotti
– by Divinity Chan | www.TheChocolateDate.com ©2013
4 oz Unsweetened chocolate
1/2 c Butter
1/2 ts Vanilla extract
3 lg Eggs
1 1/4 c Sugar
3 c All-purpose flour
1/2 ts Baking powder
1 c Hazelnuts or walnuts; chop
1 Egg white; lightly beaten
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy; gradually add sugar, beating until thick and pale (about 5 minutes).
- Add chocolate mixture, stirring until blended. Combine flour and baking powder; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in nuts. Flour hands, and form dough into a 13″ log.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush with egg white.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- Cut log with a serrated knife crosswise into 24 (1/2-inch) slices, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes on each side.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
All rights reserved ©2012-2017 The Chocolate Date. Divinity C. created "The Chocolate Date". Does your love life need a romantic reboot?
Jump-start your Dates with creativity & spontaneity to woo your sweetie. Visit http://www.TheChocolateDate.com to download your complimentary eBook "11 Yummy Date Ideas for Chocolate Lovers" to get started on yummy gooey love.
Latest posts by Divinity (see all)
- Hippity-hop! Bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs with zChocolat..oh my!! - March 19, 2016
- “Hot & Sticky” – Over 50 Fun Ways to Sex it Up with Chocolate - July 28, 2015
- With Love From Provence - July 27, 2015