I love chili especially on a cold night to warm up the body and chocolate to nourish the soul. With this recipe from www.bakedbree.com you can have the best of both worlds. With chocolate you add a new dimension of taste you would not have imagined. Make it an evening for two in front of the fire place and remember a bottle of red wine. Enjoy!
Nigella’s Chocolate Chip Chili
Recipe from: http://bakedbree.com/nigellas-chocolate-chip-chili
1 1/4 pounds chorizo
3 1/4 pounds boneless beef cut into chunks (I buy stew meat)
3 garlic cloves
1 long red chile
1/4 cup vegetable oil
seeds from 3 cardamom pods
2 Tablespoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon dried pepper flakes
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup ketchup
4 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
3 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup water
salt and pepper
1. Put the onions and garlic in the food processor.
2. In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the onion, garlic, and red chile until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and pepper flakes.
3. Cook the onion and spice mixture for a minute or two. Take the chorizo out of the casing and add to the pot.
4. Add the beef and cook until it starts to brown.
5. Add the beans, tomato paste, ketchup, diced tomato, and water. Bring the chili to a boil.
6. Once the chili comes to a bubble, add the chocolate chips. Stir the chips in until they melt. Cover the pot and put in a preheated 300 degree oven. Cook the chili for 3 more hours. Give a taste and check to see if you need salt and pepper.
7. Top with cheese and cilantro.
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
All rights reserved ©2012-2017 The Chocolate Date. Divinity C. created "The Chocolate Date". Does your love life need a romantic reboot?
Jump-start your Dates with creativity & spontaneity to woo your sweetie. Visit http://www.TheChocolateDate.com to download your complimentary eBook "11 Yummy Date Ideas for Chocolate Lovers" to get started on yummy gooey love.
Latest posts by Divinity (see all)
- Hippity-hop! Bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs with zChocolat..oh my!! - March 19, 2016
- “Hot & Sticky” – Over 50 Fun Ways to Sex it Up with Chocolate - July 28, 2015
- With Love From Provence - July 27, 2015