by Mon Sun , “The Chocolate Date” Diva @2012 All right reserved.
The Chocolate Date Tip: Embark on a new chocolate adventure
Looking for a simple and easy date idea for you and your Chocolate Date this coming weekend? Make it a date with your sweetie and discover new decadent treasures while having fun learning about chocolate!
Chocolate making workshop / class is another fun and messy activity that both of you can enjoy for an evening or afternoon out. You get to hang out at your local chocolatier plus you get to take your creations home to savor later.
What does this normally entail? You and your Chocolate Date will:
- learn about chocolate: the history, how it is grown and processed and how chocolate is finally made
- learn about the chocolatier and any chocolate tips he/ she is willing to offer
- taste samples and more samples
- tour of the facilities where you get to see where all the creations are made
- chocolate making – this will vary between each chocolatier, but most common activity is making truffles. Others might include making chocolates from moulds and playing with chocolate decoration.
- depending on the business, participants will be offered a discount off their purchases made during the class. This discount will vary but I’ve seen it as high at 10%.
Look for these classes/workshops advertised in your local newspaper, online or chocolatier/culinary schools websites. All materials are included so all you need to bring is yourselves and enthusiasm! Prices will vary so inquire ahead.
Click the link to see a review of a chocolate workshop evening at Cocoanymph in Vancouver.
Budget Tip: There are huge discounts on these workshops available through a number of online sites that offer daily deals with local businesses across North America. Most common ones are through Groupon, EthicalDeal or Dealfind etc… Offers will depend on your area as these tend to cater to larger cities. These companies have negotiated deals with businesses to offer substantial savings to the customers.
Or, visit The Chocolate Date Facebook page where these deals are posted as soon as these are advertised. Deals will vary depending on the business, but it is worth checking out. Plus it’s an opportunity to visit a new place you haven’t tried yet. Embark on a new chocolate adventure.
Come over to Facebook or reply to this email right now and post your comments. Love to hear feedback from you so I know how to better serve you.