– by MonSun Chan | www.TheChocolateDate.com ©2012
Did you know that one of the world’s most romantic treat is actually good for you? Great mood booster and a great source of nutrients for the brain. Yes, I am talking about chocolate and strawberries! Hmmmmm.
Scientists say dark chocolate, berries and green tea are great natural mood boosters. No wonder everyone goes into a craze over chocolate covered strawberries. Not only do they taste great, you feel great. Plus, it is one of common most romantic treats to have on a date.
The perfect pairing!
Chocolate contains flavonoids with antioxidant properties that stimulates endorphins, which gives a feeling of pleasure and enhance physical and mental well-being. What are they? Phenylethylamine (PEA), Tryptophan and Anandamide (The Bliss Chemical) contribute to the feelings of being in love. PEA is an adrenal related chemical is also created in the brain and released when we are in love. This helps in the enhancing the feelings of love while increasing in focus and alertness. Anandamide is a neurotransmistter produced naturally in the brain. It is known as the Bliss chemical because it is released while we are feeling great. Tryptophan is an amino acid and enhances relaxation and promotes better sleep.
According to Dr. Daniel Amen MD – http://www.amenclinics.com (who specializes in brain based disorders and conditions) the antioxidants in berries also improve your concentration and memory too. Great way to combine romance, pleasure and health with this combination. Of course, if strawberries is not your favorite berry check out blueberries, raspberries and acai.
If you sweetie needs a pick me up, this would be a great time to bring on the decadence. Remember moderation of course!
8 ways to make it a chocolate and strawberry date:
1. Make it a Chocolate Date! Take your sweetie to your nearest local chocolatier for some chocolate dipped strawberries. Walk or ride the bicycle instead of taking the car. Exercises like walking increases the levels of serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine, which are the feel good chemicals.
2. Buy them already made online and have them delivered to your sweetie’s front door steps.
Resource (optional) – Shari’s berries has an awesome selection of chocolate covered berries and gifts. This is the largest selection I’ve seen online.
3. Fondue Date Night – with dark chocolate sauce and berries. Play a fondue game while you are at. For example: Truth and Dare: if someone drops their berry into the chocolate by mistake, they have to say a Truth to a question or do a Dare at the other person’s request.
4. Morning boost with chocolate berry smoothies – here’s a recipe made with strawberries from www.allrecipes.com. It is a recipe that you can easily change the berry of our choice and some cacao nibs or cacao powder. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/all-around-good-smoothie/detail.aspx
5. Afternoon snack
a. create a snack mix filled with dried berries, dark chocolate and some nuts like walnuts (great brain food)
b. dark chocolate covered berries that you can buy or make your own
c. drizzle dark chocolate sauce over a bowl of berries of your choice
d. low calorie snack – used cacao powder and dust over a bowl of berries of your choice
If Life is getting you down or you and your sweetie just need a “pick me up”, set the date for a night of chocolate and strawberries. And why not add some bubbly champagne, sparkling wine or flavored sparkling water to celebrate the moments of love and gratitude for each other. Cheers!
Come over to Facebook or post your comments below. Love to hear feedback from you so I know how to better serve you.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: All rights reserved ©2012 The Chocolate Date. Mon Sun C. created “The Chocolate Date”. It’s all about things to do on a date using chocolate where you can get turned on and excited again and again. Intrigued? Visit http://www.TheChocolateDate.com to download your complimentary eBook “10 Yummy Date Ideas for Chocolate Lovers” to get started on yummy gooey love.
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
All rights reserved ©2012-2017 The Chocolate Date. Divinity C. created "The Chocolate Date". Does your love life need a romantic reboot?
Jump-start your Dates with creativity & spontaneity to woo your sweetie. Visit http://www.TheChocolateDate.com to download your complimentary eBook "11 Yummy Date Ideas for Chocolate Lovers" to get started on yummy gooey love.
Latest posts by Divinity (see all)
- Hippity-hop! Bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs with zChocolat..oh my!! - March 19, 2016
- “Hot & Sticky” – Over 50 Fun Ways to Sex it Up with Chocolate - July 28, 2015
- With Love From Provence - July 27, 2015