- by MonSun Chan | www.TheChocolateDate.com ©2012
Spring is here and summer is on its’ way! With the great weather, picnicking outdoors is the perfect way to spend time with your Chocolate Date… just the two of you and nature.
Enjoy the great outdoor while basking under the sun feeling its’ warm hot rays, listening to the rustling of the leaves on the trees, feeling the breeze softly caress the skin ever so lightly. Or perhaps it’s a clear evening affair underneath the stars and cuddling in the moonlight hearing the stillness of the night and the beats of your hearts. Or stay up all night to watch the start of a new day with a sunrise. Either way creating a romantic outdoor rendezvous is worth setting up to reap the rewards of love and romance.
The challenge is how to set it up to ensure success? Who wants to go on a date to have a bad time? Last thing you don’t want is not come prepared.
Some people have the skill to do it on a whim and others may need a bit of guidance. Look no further. It has been said luck favors the prepared so here are just a few things to ensure a romantic rendezvous to entice your Chocolate Date’s pleasure senses to make the rendezvous memorable.
1. Determine the type of outdoor setting – This can be the beach, park (under a tree, on the grass, at the benches), out on a lawn, patio/porch, or the backyard. See if you can find a spot with a great view and if possible any areas to take long walk in. Be sure to check with the weather report ahead of time for sun and clear skies when planning the next outdoor date.
2. Set the mood with music and pleasure the auditory senses! You can’t go wrong with your Chocolate Date’s faves. Bring a mini radio, MP3 player with speakers or some device that can play background music. What to play if you don’t know your Chocolate Date’s faves? Try playing a small collection of smooth jazz, lounge, R&B, house, classical and/or world music to start. Since this is a Chocolate Date, check out Putumayo “Music from the Chocolate Lands” compilation CD or “Chocolat” Soundtrack” you can purchase offline/online or download from iTunes. In between songs, you can enjoy the soft sounds of nature.
Extra brownie points: Can you sing or play an instrument? There’s something romantic and impressive about having someone play or serenade a song. Plus it’s a skill that many don’t possess. You don’t have to a professional either! Women love men who can play or sing a tune even at an amateur level. YouTube has great videos to teach you how to play an instrument of your choice.
3. Bring one or more outdoor blankets, sleeping bags or any blankets you don’t mind getting dirty to sit on. Sometimes one is not enough so have extras just in case. Ideally something that’s easy on the skin. If blankets are not accessible, old bed sheets and towels works great on the soft surfaces like grass and the beach. If you can, bring few pillows to lean/sit on for extra comfort.
If you are having an evening rendezvous have extra blankets or sweaters, as it gets chilly. Or share a blanket and cuddle up with your sweetie to keep each other warm. Cuddling next to your sweetie is the best.
4. Bring on the chocolate treats! Of course with the Chocolate Date, chocolate is a must! Finger food is the best as it’s require very little maintenance and cleaning plus you can feed each other easily. Food can be made ahead of time or take out from local deli/restaurant. Pick up your Chocolate Date’s faves!
Here are some food ideas to help you get started:
Savory treats – bowl of chili with cocoa powder, chips with chocolate black bean dip, vegetable sticks with cocoa dressing/dip and Mexican chocolate mole sauce for dipping or cooking with meats/vegetables
Sweet treats – chocolate and strawberries, cut up fruit and chocolate sauce for dipping or drizzling over), dessert, pastries, truffles and/or box of chocolates
BBQ – if you can cook your food outdoors, create a small BBQ cook out for two – use cocoa rubs and sauces for meats and vegetables and for dessert s’mores and banana boats.
Drink/beverage – chocolate wine, chocolate tea (hot or iced), smoothies/milkshakes, specialty coffee with chocolate eg mocha, bubble tea, hot chocolate with marshmallows or you can make it Irish if you like (perfect to have for the evening rendezvous)
– Note: bring all the necessary utensils e.g. wine corker, sharp knife and of course plenty of napkins for those ‘just in case’ situations. Wine can be taken in the bottle, put into a plastic bottle or thermos.
These are just a few ideas and steps to prepare for a romantic rendezvous. I like to focus on the K.I.S.S. formula = Keep It Simple & Sweet but in the end always do what’s convenient and easy as we want both of you to have an awesome time together.
I’ve written this article to be jammed packed with information and didn’t’ realize it was going to be too long for one article. How to Set Up a Romantic Outdoor Chocolate Date Part 2 will be coming next week. Stay tuned for more ideas for a successful romantic outdoor date!
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR EZINE OR WEB SITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
All rights reserved ©2012 The Chocolate Date. Mon Sun C. created “The Chocolate Date”. It’s all about things to do on a date using chocolate where you can get turned on and excited again and again. Intrigued? Visit http://www.TheChocolateDate.com to download your complimentary eBook “10 Yummy Date Ideas for Chocolate Lovers” to get started on yummy gooey love.
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it:
All rights reserved ©2012-2017 The Chocolate Date. Divinity C. created "The Chocolate Date". Does your love life need a romantic reboot?
Jump-start your Dates with creativity & spontaneity to woo your sweetie. Visit http://www.TheChocolateDate.com to download your complimentary eBook "11 Yummy Date Ideas for Chocolate Lovers" to get started on yummy gooey love.
Latest posts by Divinity (see all)
- Hippity-hop! Bunnies, chicks, and Easter eggs with zChocolat..oh my!! - March 19, 2016
- “Hot & Sticky” – Over 50 Fun Ways to Sex it Up with Chocolate - July 28, 2015
- With Love From Provence - July 27, 2015